About the instructor
Harry Eckman is an international animal welfare specialist with over 20 years’ experience. Harry is the Co-founder and Director of Change For Animals Foundation (CFAF), a consultant for the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) and an advisor for Human Behaviour Change for Animals (HBCA).
Harry works with hundreds of locally based animal welfare and protection organisations around the world. His works includes organisational coaching, strategic thinking and capacity development for animal welfare NGOs; directing humane dog and cat population management projects; campaigning to end the dog and cat meat trades; incorporating human behaviour change concepts into animal welfare and management programs; lobbying to end wildlife in captivity and the illegal wildlife trade; rabies eradication projects; and improving welfare standards in shelters and veterinary facilities.
Harry has worked for the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA - now World Animal Protection), RSPCA, the Mayhew, Wood Green and in partnership with Dogs Trust, International Cat Care and the World Small Animal Veterinary Association.
Each module is £25 if bought on it’s own. When all four modules are live they can be bought all together for £60. Currently three are live and so the third module, if you have bought 1 and 2, is available at £10.
- Introduction to this course and module 1
- Module 1 content
- What is strategic thinking?
- What is strategic thinking (document)
- Strategic thinking from an organisational perspective
- Strategic thinking from an organisational perspective (document)
- The 7 steps to making a strategy
- The 7 steps to making a strategy (document)
- Are you ready to make a strategy?
- Are you ready to make a strategy? (document)
- Getting things lined up before you start
- Getting things lined up before you start (document)
- Preparing to plan
- Preparing to plan (document)
- Working as a team
- Working as a team (document)
- Some extra tips
- Some extra tips (document)
- Final words for this module
- How to make a strategic plan: A guide for animal welfare organisations - Complete Workbook